Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: 3 boils

Bamagirl66 - Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:45 pm

im 18/f and in the past month, i have had 3 boil type things. 2 have been on the front and back of my thigh and one on my arm above my elbow. they have a bump in the middle and its red all around them and a big lump underneath and they hurt and are hot. what could they be? i have been on antibiotics for them.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm

User avatar This certainly sounds like it could be boils and they sometimes last a couple of weeks. We don't know why some people seem to be quite prone to them but it sounds like you are under a doctor's care so hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick. Be sure to follow up with your doctor if they don't clear up.

To decrease your risk, be sure to clean any small wounds and apply antibiotic first-aid ointment to prevent staph infection and avoid tight, constricting clothing.

Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:16 pm

|