Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Question about bumps on the penis

xd - Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:19 pm

I was searching the Internet for information on small, similar, bumps on the penis and found a lot of frightening information but nothing quite similar to what I have. The closest thing that I found was a forum post on this website, but no answer was given.

Here is a link to that post on this site, which was discussed:

http://www.doctorslounge.com/infections ... 11924.html

The bumps in question do not itch and are not inflamed. They are all approximately the same size and are grouped more on the right hand side of the penis.

http://i10.tinypic.com/61uh5bk.jpg

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Worried Soul
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:29 pm

User avatar Hi Xd,

It is hard to say for sure but your bumps may be related to plugged hair follicles. They may also be from a virus called molluscum contagiosum.

Molluscum bumps generally have a small dimple in the center.

The molluscum virus is contagious so I would recommend you have your doctor evaluate these to get a solid diagnosis.

xd - Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:46 pm

Hello Dr. and thank you for your response.

Based on that, I took a second picture up close, to get as much detail as possible.

http://i10.tinypic.com/5yapamw.jpg

Hopefully this shows up in this post, otherwise you can see it if you paste the link above in another browser.

I will schedule an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, would you recommend a general practitioner or someone like a dermatologist? My main concern is that this is a life long STD like herpes or something worse, but probably not?

Thank you,

I wish you well

XD
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:50 am

User avatar It is a little hard to say from the photo but these do look a little like bumps from the molluscum contageosum virus. These can be treated easily and may or may not return.

It is probably reasonable to see your primary care doctor first. You can then be referred to a specialist if needed.

xd - Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:16 am

Well, it has been harder than heck trying to get an appointment with the specialist, but I started an apple cider vinegar regiment and it seems to be working pretty well on most of them.

Thanks for your advice sir.

|