"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Rash like redness

nsurance - Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:43 pm

I had unprotected heterosexual intercourse 2 nights ago. By morning, (a few hours later) I had a soreness in the pubic hair area that felt like dry skin. I ignored it, till this morning. When I woke up this morning, I noticed that the dryness had turned into a rash that looked more like razor burn. Most of the red "bumps" came a the base of a pubic hair. The rash is contained to the width of my pubic hair region, and starts 1 inch above the base of my penis to the top of my pubic hair. What do you think caused this? Is it and STD? Are they just heat bumps? Note: I have no other redness or soreness anywhere.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:33 pm

User avatar Hi Nsurance,

It is possible that you have some irritation from friction or trauma. It seems a little unlikely that an STD will develop symptoms this quickly but it is not impossible.

I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation and STD testing.