Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Swollen/Bleeding Jaws

Supahstar0918 - Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:36 pm

I have someone who performed oral sex on me and two (2) days later complained of swollen jaws. She went to the dentist because she thought it was something else and they in turn said she had an STD in her mouth because her jaws were swollen. Could this be true? And if so, what type of STD should I be concerned with?
 dlugose - Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:09 pm

Supahstar0918 wrote:I have someone who performed oral sex on me and two (2) days later complained of swollen jaws. She went to the dentist because she thought it was something else and they in turn said she had an STD in her mouth because her jaws were swollen. Could this be true? And if so, what type of STD should I be concerned with?

This is not the kind of question to be researching on your own. Get an appointment as soon as possible with a doctor to be examined, tested and probably treated. Some bacteria thrive in inaccessible places, and it is possible that through gums or a crack in epithelial tissue, salivary glands, etc. an infection flourished. Around the jaw are lots of lymph glands that can swell quite large with infections. Gonorrhea is one of a variety of infections that can be involved, but antibiotics should not be used until the kind of infections is properly diagnosed. Also refrain from sex until a doctor tells you it is ok to resume. Some infections will cause symptoms in one person but not the partner, even if the partner is infected, and harm could come from not being diagnosed and treated.

|