News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: PURPLE SHINNY LUMPS

pspking - Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi i am a 37 year old male have had a lump on gland of penis rim of penis head purple shinny colour there is also tiny ones 0.5m in size the large one is 2m, all hard to see unless is penis hard.I have had for about 4months also have a red rash on head comes and goes and icthy foreskin been to 2 different doc twice said lumps are nothing to worry about unless they bleed or weep,pain etc gave me a cream called daktarin on my 4th tube don't seem to be getting any where cream is keeping red rash at bay till i stop using it comes back after sex with my partner of 13 years.
ps i some times get a pain in penis head for a sec once a week or two please help driving me up the wall is it herpes or warts have took photos but you cannot see lumps.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:40 pm

User avatar Hi Pspking,

Your description does not sound like herpes. Warts are possible but it really doesn't sound like this either.

A fungal infection is possible although the medicine in Daktarin is very effective against these infections.

Given that you say it returns after intercourse it is possible that you have some irritation from trauma.

You may want to see a urologist or dermatologist about this to see if you can get a more precise diagnosis.

Best wishes.
 pspking - Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:50 pm

funny you say trauma most of this started 3 months into a 6 month treatment clean at the dentist had not been to dentist for twenty years been to scared to go say the least :-( took a lot every two weeks to go

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here