Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Strange Rash

 worriedwife - Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:48 am

My husband is a healthy 46 year old male. After sex he experiences a painful red rash just under the head of his penis that has an irregular pattern. He likens it to rug burn but it is slightly raised and blotchy. It clears up after a few days but when we have sex again it happens again, immediately after sex. Is this a STD or is he allergic to me. I have started hormone therapy a year ago but the rash after sex started a month ago. He does not have any other symptoms and the rash occus everytime we have sex and no other time. Please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:46 pm

User avatar Do you use condoms or lubricants? There could be some kind of reaction to a substance such as those. It doesn't seem likely to be STD since it comes and goes in connection with sex. Do you have any symptoms of yeast infection? Just wondering if there might be exposure there.
 worriedwife - Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:32 pm

We use lubricant occasionally but even when we don't he still gets the rash.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us