Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Rash like with raised small bumps on penis(pic link)

theOne21 - Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 am

I'm a 22 year old male with no real past known issues and not currently on any medication. Two weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a female I don't really know too well. However this problem didn't arise until after I had unprotected sex with another female who I've had sex with for the past couple of years. I'm not sure if this rash type problem is an std or not but it wouldn't be impossible.
Looking at pictures and other posts nothing I've seen looks like this. It is all red at the base of the shaft and covered with raised tiny red bumps and continues up a little getting blotchy. The redness at the base is also quiet shiny. After that there are just some more of these bumps, still red in color. Even still a few more on the foreskin and even 2 small ones on the head. Not really itchy now but when it first developed it was really itchy.
That said the
picture is here. Hard to make out all of the bumps but they look like small pimples.
Now, for a little info for possible help in diagnosis, I had shaved some stray hairs at the bottom of the shaft[yet this shouldn't have an effect on the bumps on the head] earlier that day and also, we ended up encountering in anal sex as well during our meet. The next day the base my my shaft itched pretty bad but I thought nothing of it because of my schedule and noticed nothing else out of the ordinary. Next day, still continued to itch only this time I looked and saw this. At the time it was a much brighter color red and the bumps stood out more. Now it's not itching so much several days later but still quiet prominent. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for reading all of this.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:32 pm

User avatar Hi TheOne21,

This rash may be a fungal skin infection. You may want to try an over-the-counter anti-fungal (jock itch) medication to see if this helps.

If STD's are possible I would always recommend being tested because they can be present with no symptoms.

Also if this rash isn't getting better or it is getting worse I would recommend you see a doctor to have this formally evaluated. My advise is soley based on probabilities given that I cannot evaluate you directly so please keep this in mind.

theOne21 - Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:47 pm

Thank you so much for your response doctor. I'll certainly give that a try. It does appear to be clearing up a little more each day. Also I'll take your advice and be sure to make sure there are no doubts. Again thank you for your time.

|