Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: cluster of spots around nipple and armpit

h3dg3h0g - Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:27 pm

For the past couple of weeks i have been treating my athletes foot and jock itch.
I also used to have a very itchy armpit a few weeks ago which was covered in spots. Once i had used the fungal powder/cream on it, it disapeared in a few days.
Foolishly tho i didnt apply anything to it once i saw it had gone. Now, my jock itch is nearly gone aswell as my athletes foot, but these disgusting itchy spots around my nipple and armpit have formed again, much worse this time.
I have checked out the pictures of ringworm and sweat rash, but the area of skin affected is not a different colour in general, it is just covered with tiny red spots .

Anyway, after trying to treat it a couple days i've been curious to know if it is in fact the same stuff i have around my genitals and on my feet.
Hope you can help me out quickly

thanx
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:27 pm

User avatar It is possible it has spread so you have nothing to lose by treating it as you did the other fungus. If that doesn't clear it in a couple of days, see your doctor for a firm diagnosis.
 dannyboy25 - Wed May 06, 2009 1:04 pm

I'm a 26 year old male with a rash that has now spread to both armpits.Pink with some white flakiness.It has an odor.I had a similar rash on my groin last year.Doctor prescibed diflucan and nystatin.Rash went away in about ten days.This go round I recieved the same meds.It had almost totally disappeared,now is back and isn't spreading but also not improving.Starts like a simple whitehead and then turns into a very sore area.I'm a pretty hairy guy so it's hard to see until it is real bad.I just found what I believe to be the start of another patch.Located where sweat would flow from my armpit.Doc told me not to use anti-perspirant so I tend to sweat more.Straight male with no history of iv drug use.I am an active alcoholic and wonder if there could be any connection there.First post so I don't know if I followed the foremat quite right.Little worried.Danny.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:59 am

User avatar Hello,Seborrheic dermatitis is a kind of dandruff related problem and tend to affect armpits,groin,scalp which are known as seborrheic areas.This is caused by an organism P.ovale.These are mistaken for fungus.The lesions are recurrent and may take sometime to subside.Ketoconazole cremeas well as low potency steroid cremes help.Do consult your doctor for further treatment.Cheers.

|