Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: afraid of my bumps

Afraid612 - Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:37 am

Hello doctor,

I'm 26 years old and recently have had unprotected sex for the first time with my partner, twice in the last week.

I went to a lake labor day weekend, where I encountered alot of gnats (I think). I counted nearly 40 bites all over my body, and two pimple like bumps on my labia area, directlly on the hairline. I was also in a wet bathing suit for two days straight, jumping in and out of said lake. I've had an earache all this week.

Again this past week, my partner and I had unprotected sex. The intercourse was "rough/dry" in nature, and my period started in the morning. A few hours later, I noticed that the bumps from earlier in the week got larger, and there were three more present along my hairline at my labia, and two on my lower right buttock.

These bumps are not white, they are reddish tint. They are not pussing, or producing any substance, but they are painful. I made the mistake of squeezing them, to try to "pop" them, so now they resemble an open sore, which I'm unsure if this is the cause of the pain.

I'm freaking out all this weekend, due to not being able to get to a physician until Monday. All these signs are pointing to herpes, but also, folliculitis...by what my research is telling me. Please help.
 Afraid612 - Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:56 am

A few more things doc,

I should mention that I shave regularly in my pubic area, and I have sensitive skin...regularly I get ingrown hairs...and these bumps look nothing like previous ingrown hairs.

I also should reiterate the pain of these bumps. They are only painful to touch, only at the open sore part where I squeezed them open, but nothing excruciating (on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say a 1). Again, nothing is coming out of them in terms of pus or liquid.

I also have been notorious for wearing constricting clothing, tight pants, etc.

|