News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Transmitting HPV

HGVCBoy - Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:06 am

Hi. I believe I have genital warts around my anus. I've read up on HPV, but one thing I'm still sort of confused on is transmission.

Can genital warts be transferred through clothing, while sleeping or cuddling? For the most part I've read it's strictly skin to skin... but I'm still concerned.

I'm really worried about transferring anything to my boyfriend. :(
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:13 pm

User avatar HPV is not transmitted through clothing. Though all possible modes of transmission are not yet known, it would definitely require a more intimate contact than that. There is the possibility of mother to baby infection but again, this is more intimate than cuddling while clothed. Studies are currently being conducted to learn more about this.

Best wishes

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here