News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Not sure if this is HPV or something else?

ov21 - Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:39 am

Hi, I'm a 22 year old male. A few months ago I gave and received oral sex. A day to a few days later, I noticed a single small blue-ish bump on the shaft of my penis below the head. I really wasn't sure what it was. When it didn't go away, I did some research and finally came to the conclusion that it might be a genital wart; however, it really doesn't look like any genital wart pictures I see online. It's also totally painless and feels like it's below the skin.

Today, though, I finally found a picture that best shows what I think I have. The picture is supposed to be an example for pearly penile papules, but I'm not looking at that. The blue bump below the papules is similar to what my bump looks like, as well as very close to the location of my bump.

Here's the picture:
http://www.genitalwartsreport.com/wartspictures/pearly-penile-papules-glans.jpg

So, I'm just wondering if that blue-ish bump is a genital wart, or could it be that a vein or capillary burst there...perhaps from contact with teeth? It hasn't really changed in shape/color/size since I first noticed it. Also, it's kinda hard to notice unless the penis is erect (not sure if that makes a difference). And if it isn't a wart, is there any risk of me passing this on?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:34 am

User avatar I hope by now you have received an answer to your question since we did not get to it here. From the picture you sent, I would say this is just normal vein configuration where there are valves. I wouldn't expect this to be anything of a contagious nature. But, a doctor would be the only one who could say for certain, with actually examining this.

Take care and please accept our apology for not answering sooner.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here