News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Red spots on penis and thighs

airheadanon - Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:13 am

I am a 25 year old male. I have been having these red spots appearing initially on the base of the shaft of my penis. They initially appear as just a little red dot, then they grow. I now have 3 big ones on my penis, 1 big one on my right hip bone, 3 medium sized ones on my left hip bone, 1 big one on the right side of my scrotum and 1 medium sized on the left side of my scrotum. Plus a BUNCH more of the little red dots on my inner thighs.

I have had ringworm before, and I figured that is what it is, but I wasn't sure because they didn't have a clearing in the middle until I just had another spot pop up on my lower abdomen as a big ringworm (obvious due to the shape and the clearing in the center). I think it may have started because I have only 1 pair of boxers that I wear to the gym 4 days a week and wash on weekends.

I started to get a head cold last weekend, but stayed inside all weekend to get better. I have been applying over the counter ringworm cream, horse-raddish, and now monistat 7. Some spots seem to be fading, but it appears to still be spreading. I had skin cancer 2.5 years ago. Please help!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:52 am

User avatar Hi Airheadanon,

What you are describing may be consistent with a fungal infection of the skin (with a different fungus than ringworm). I would suggest you see your doctor for an evaluation. This way you can begin an appropriate treatment for what ever is going on and get better sooner.

Best wishes.
 thomast0001 - Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:58 pm

FYI, I had symptoms similar to this a few years ago. I had largish red bumps forming around and on my penis and on the pelvic area. I went to my then current doctor who had no clue what they were or what to do about them.

I suffered from them maybe a month. then, on a hunch I stopped eating cheese and all other milk products. Within a week they dried up and were gone!

Since then I have resumed eating cheese and other milk products but have not had these symptoms at all since.

I know this sounds strange, but I thought I'd mention it. There are many many reasons for various skin disorders. Allergic reactions can certainly be one of them. So, in case no one can figure out what is happenning, try a change of diet.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here