Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: STD or skin condition (not safe for work)

Warrior - Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:19 am

My History:
I am a 23-year-old heterosexual white male. I have had 5 sexual partners. I have had unprotected sex with 2 of them. The first was a one-night stand and the condom broke. So I got a comprehensive sexual STD check up. Negative on all. I have had unprotected 3 times with the second one (whom is monogamous and a virgin - so I am 99% sure she’s clean.)

My Question:
Ever since I can remember (even prior to being sexually active with partners) I have had two blemishes on my foreskin. Here is a photo of my condition:

Image

They are slightly scaly, painless, itch less and they some times get really dry and form a white dead skin look. They are not contagious – if I touch them and then touch other skin it does not transfer. The dead skin look (and my condition) looks like this dermatitis:
Image Some times it almost looks scarred.

I have a very high libido so I masturbate daily and it seems to exacerbate the problem. If I masturbate heavily they get inflamed (red) but not sore. They don’t bleed.

As I said they are just blemishes. When I went to the STD test clinic, I said nothing about them and the doctors (I saw about 3-4 on various occasions) said nothing about it either. I don't know if they just DIDN’T notice or they DID notice and though nothing of them - ie just blemishes.

However they look a bit ugly so I wanted to find out what they are and how to get rid of them.

I did a search of STD pictures on the web and couldn't match any of pictures to what mine looks like. So I don't think it’s an STD – this is also consistent with my sexual history. So I then went to a dermatology website and searched for "penis." From the entire selection of images that came up the ones that very very closely resembled what I have where eczema and contact dermatitis. There two images are almost identical to my condition:

Image

Image

Although this last one says vulva eczema, the skin really closely resemble to what mine looks like after I masturbate, a day after though, it settles down. If I don’t masturbate for a week then it is almost unnoticeable but still there.

I have had acne on my face and back for about 10 years and recently I have had a light a bout of dermatitis on my back and chest – it was diagnosed as “pityriasis rosea” – a fungal infection. I was successfully able to treat with: "Ketoconazole." I shower 2 times a day with soap to keep my acne and skin clean. I have tried the same "Ketoconazole" and it has no visible effect on my penis.

So my conclusion is that I have some kind of non-std skin condition, that is exacerbated by (or originally started by) washing too much with the wrong soap aor exacerbated by friction when I masturbate.

Please help.
 Warrior - Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:37 am

Here is a close up of my condidition:

Image

|