Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: bumps on penis.....possibly MC or Herpes?

cc2510 - Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:20 pm

1. 22 yrs old, sexually active
2. Male
3. NA
4. NA
5. NA
6. None

For the past almost a month, i have noticed 2 small bumps that were skin colors on the shaft of my penis. After about a week or 2 i noticed a very small red (pimple like) bump on the sensitive skin area of the shaft. After a few more days i noticed that there were a few more of these that popped up.

Now they are very small, and i stupidly picked the 1st pimple like one and it bled a little bit but did not puss. The white area of it seemed to be more like skin than anything. It has now disappeared but the other ones i have not popped are still barely visible. The first 2 bumps i noticed originally are now just a little red.

The bumps do not hurt at all even if touched. It seems they are more below the skin, like a pimple. The thing that worries me is that more than 1 was showing up which has never happened before. I have looked at pictures of MC and it seems to be the closest thing like that but the bumps are not that big. They are also not blistering at all like i have read herpes is suppose to do.

I do have a picture if it is needed. It is a little tough for me to describe everything in detail i feel is need to know to make an educated guess on what it could be.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

User avatar Hi cc2510,

Your description does not sound like herpes. These lesions typically look blister-like initially then scab over.

Molluscum lesions often are small bumps with a central dimple.

From your description I am more suspicious that you may have Fordyce spots. These are a normal findings.

Your doctor can probably make a diagnosis easily by direct examination.

|