Forum Name: Other infections

Question: CFS - Please - help, guidance, advice

glenp - Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:42 pm

Please, please try and help me. I am a 57 year old female, working 4 days (barely able) a week, and suffer CFS. I am hoping to see Dr. Bruce Carruthers, but he is not able to see me until next year. I see only a gp (not knowledgeable in this area) and a psychiatrist (who originally diagnosed me with CFS. (my angel) as was previously thought of as mentally ill. My GP tells me to push myself. I start sweating profusely after exerting myself after about one hour. I only work, on my days off I recuperate, I do not keep my home up, walk my dogs, or have any other kind of life. Sometimes I am too tired to have a bath or eat and go straight to bed when I come home. I take 40mg of dexedrine and 225mg of effexor daily. I have migraines weekly, relieved by Maxalt. Was on oxybutyn but stopped as it was presumed to affect my mouth (dryness) Last week I finally decided that I cannot go on like this, I feel that I am killing myself. I went in to see my GP, he says "how much time do you want off" I tried to explain that I just cannot handle working anymore and need to go on disability. I find this very humiliating, as I have always worked, done a good job and kept a nice home, thus I was crying. I also explained how I was not functioning cognitively. He sent me with a letter to go get admitted to the psychiatric ward, luckily my psychiatrist was on call duty there and he did not feel that I needed to be admitted, he told me to take 2 weeks off and come back, and in the meantime to see my gp about my infections etc. I have been having a lot of trouble with infections in my mouth, to the point of my dentist phoning my physician about it. My dentist has never seen a patient with the infections and condition of teeth that I have. I have a very good dental plan and spent over $4000.00 in one year on user fee, so you can see how much I saw the dentist. I recently went in as my two teeth kind of turned to sand and the bridge on my bottom fell off. The dentist was more concerned with an abscess that I have on the top. I feel no extra pain there at all. My head and throat always hurt anyway. He put a needle in to drain it, now I just don't know what to do. I had osteomylitis of the skullbone (proteus only known case) about 25 years ago and the infectious disease Dr. Chow said that it will always remain in me so always watch out for it. Could this have anything to do with my teeth???? and the abscesses? And my CFS----we don't have the micoplasma tests here in Canada. Please what should I do. I called my gp to see him again and he said that he will not see me until he talks to the psychiatrist. I am not crazy. The CFS makes me depressed, am not suicidal. It makes me crazy in that I am confused and cannot figures things out, balance numbers etc., but not otherwise crazy. It affects me at work in memory and figuring things out also.
Any advice would be most appreciated. I am willing to travel to get tests or help.
TY to anyone who tries to help me

ps Previous surgeries:
tonsillectomy
carpal tunnel
numerous skull bone scrapings to remove osteomylitis (proteus mirabis)
messenteric cyst--very large (beneign)
colonoscopy (negative)
breast cysts and calcifications (beneign)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:37 pm

User avatar If I were you I would seek the support of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome websites or support groups. They can be helpful as individuals share their own experiences, successes, etc. They can steer you to resources you don't know about. Often even the medical community is at a loss about these disorders which tend to be vague and don't show up as clear cut diagnoses by labs and other tests. We continue to scratch our heads. But, those who are suffering often have discovered on their own, ways to cope and improve their quality of life.

Good luck with this very frustrating condition.
 glenp - Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:09 am

Ty for answering Debbie. Yes I am connected to some groups.

|