Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Post Chlymadia

Caesar - Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:00 pm

I am a 27 year old male who recently had chlymadia. I contracted it from my girlfriend. At first I thought it was a yeast infection or UTI and was put on Ciprofloxacin then fluconazole for 2 weeks at a time. Then my girlfriend got tested for all STD's and came up positive for chlymadia. I was experiencing discharge, burning urination, sensitivity on the meatus and tip of penis, redness around meatus and cottage cheese like ejaculation. I was on Doxycycline Hyclate, 100mg, for over a month and the discharge stopped, no burning, ejaculation is normal. I went back to my doctor and he said everything looked normal and not to worry. My girlfriend was tested a second time and she was clean. It has been about two months now and the meatus still seem a bit swollen on one side and I notice it gets red for a prolonged period after I have sex or masturbate. What I am worried about is that I still have the feeling that I always have to pee. It isn't that extreme to call it painful but more annoying. I will pee and 5 minutes later I feel I have to go again. I will hold it until I really have to go. Are there long term effects to chlymadia? Could I still have it even though I was on Doxy over a month and the only symptom I have is peeing a lot? Also, before I had chlymadia, when I pee a couple of shakes would clear the excess urine off. Now, post chlymadia, I notice it dribbles more urine out and i have to shake more and sometimes wipe the tip of excess urine. Will it ever be normal again? Thank you in advance.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:15 pm

User avatar Hi Caesar,

I would recommend that you be retested. It is unlikely that the chlamydia is still the cause of your problems since there really isn't a lot of resistance to doxycycline with chlamydia.

However, STD's very often come in packs so it may be that you have another one that has not been treated.

|