News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Post Chlymadia

Caesar - Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:00 pm

I am a 27 year old male who recently had chlymadia. I contracted it from my girlfriend. At first I thought it was a yeast infection or UTI and was put on Ciprofloxacin then fluconazole for 2 weeks at a time. Then my girlfriend got tested for all STD's and came up positive for chlymadia. I was experiencing discharge, burning urination, sensitivity on the meatus and tip of penis, redness around meatus and cottage cheese like ejaculation. I was on Doxycycline Hyclate, 100mg, for over a month and the discharge stopped, no burning, ejaculation is normal. I went back to my doctor and he said everything looked normal and not to worry. My girlfriend was tested a second time and she was clean. It has been about two months now and the meatus still seem a bit swollen on one side and I notice it gets red for a prolonged period after I have sex or masturbate. What I am worried about is that I still have the feeling that I always have to pee. It isn't that extreme to call it painful but more annoying. I will pee and 5 minutes later I feel I have to go again. I will hold it until I really have to go. Are there long term effects to chlymadia? Could I still have it even though I was on Doxy over a month and the only symptom I have is peeing a lot? Also, before I had chlymadia, when I pee a couple of shakes would clear the excess urine off. Now, post chlymadia, I notice it dribbles more urine out and i have to shake more and sometimes wipe the tip of excess urine. Will it ever be normal again? Thank you in advance.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:15 pm

User avatar Hi Caesar,

I would recommend that you be retested. It is unlikely that the chlamydia is still the cause of your problems since there really isn't a lot of resistance to doxycycline with chlamydia.

However, STD's very often come in packs so it may be that you have another one that has not been treated.

Best wishes.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here