Forum Name: Other infections

Question: strange tonsils

alias - Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:19 pm

One of my tonsils is oval shaped with about 20 white, seedlike things in it. The other has the same only that tonsil is FLAT AGAINST MY THROAT. When you look into my mouth you have to look for this second tonsil.

I was treated for strep throat at college without a culture. I finished the meds and nothing really changed. I didn't have a fever to start with and the pain when swallowing was gone after the first day of meds. But my "throat" is still sore. I rub the outside even though to push on it is it tender.

I was also treated with Azithromycin, in the case it was an std, however, nothing has changed. One tonsil is puffy with white seeds and the other is FLAT against my throat with seeds. I have also been gargling with scope or salt water.

Is there anything i'm missing? Something I might have or perhaps will i need to have my tonsils out? Recently I have also experienced stomach and chest pain that is on and off. thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:17 pm

User avatar Hi Alias,

When one tonsil is dramatically larger than the other along with pain, there may be an underlying infection in the one tonsil called a peritonsilar abscess.

I would recommend you see a doctor for an evaluation.

|