News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Sexual Assault, possibility of std?

sam12345 - Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:57 pm

I was sexually assaulted a few days ago walking home. I was basically forced to give this guy a handjob, but I stopped in a minute or two and got away. He did NOT ejaculate. He also kissed me a few times. Am I at risk for STDs? As in reasonably at risk and not like 1 in a million at risk?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:55 pm

User avatar Hi Sam12345,

Your risk is quite low based on this description of your exposure. The STD bugs are not very strong and are not able to penetrate the skin well to cause infection.

The possible exception is a virus called molluscum contagiosum that causes small bumps on the skin with small dimples in the middle. This virus is spread by direct skin contact. If, by chance, you do develop these bumps they can be easily treated.

Best wishes.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:31 pm

User avatar Hi Sam12345,

In an effort to keep continuity of threads I have responded to your repost here.

sam12345 wrote:I asked this question the other day, "I was sexually assaulted a few days ago walking home. I was basically forced to give this guy a handjob, but I stopped in a minute or two and got away. He did NOT ejaculate. He also kissed me a few times. Am I at risk for STDs? As in reasonably at risk and not like 1 in a million at risk?"

And I wanted to know, is there a possibility I could have gotten hepetitis from kissing him 2x? I heard it is theoretically possible, but is it worth worrying about?

Hepatitis is generally considered not to be transmitted by kissing. It takes a significant amount of the virus to cause infection. It would basically require both people to have open, bleeding sores when kissing for the transmission of the virus well enough to cause infection.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here