Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Sexual Assault, possibility of std?

sam12345 - Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:57 pm

I was sexually assaulted a few days ago walking home. I was basically forced to give this guy a handjob, but I stopped in a minute or two and got away. He did NOT ejaculate. He also kissed me a few times. Am I at risk for STDs? As in reasonably at risk and not like 1 in a million at risk?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:55 pm

User avatar Hi Sam12345,

Your risk is quite low based on this description of your exposure. The STD bugs are not very strong and are not able to penetrate the skin well to cause infection.

The possible exception is a virus called molluscum contagiosum that causes small bumps on the skin with small dimples in the middle. This virus is spread by direct skin contact. If, by chance, you do develop these bumps they can be easily treated.

Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:31 pm

User avatar Hi Sam12345,

In an effort to keep continuity of threads I have responded to your repost here.

sam12345 wrote:I asked this question the other day, "I was sexually assaulted a few days ago walking home. I was basically forced to give this guy a handjob, but I stopped in a minute or two and got away. He did NOT ejaculate. He also kissed me a few times. Am I at risk for STDs? As in reasonably at risk and not like 1 in a million at risk?"

And I wanted to know, is there a possibility I could have gotten hepetitis from kissing him 2x? I heard it is theoretically possible, but is it worth worrying about?

Hepatitis is generally considered not to be transmitted by kissing. It takes a significant amount of the virus to cause infection. It would basically require both people to have open, bleeding sores when kissing for the transmission of the virus well enough to cause infection.

|