Forum Name: Other infections

Question: I SHOT UP AND MISSED

sweetcheeks - Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:55 am

I WAS DRINKING AND DRUGGING AT A PARTY AND MADE THE MISTAKE OF LETTING SOMEONE PUT A NEEDLE IN ME. IT WAS A CLEAN NEEDLE WITH METH IN IT .SHE MISSED MY VEIN . I THINK THE DRUG IS STUCK BETWEEN MY MUSCLE AND MY SKIN.I CAN FEEL A WATER POCKET OF SOMEKIND AND MY FOREARM IS STILL SWOLLEN AND IT IS CAUSING ME PAIN AND I AM UNABLE TO USE MY HAND WITHOUT EXTREME PAIN,. WILL MY BODY JUST EVENTUALLY GET RID OF IT. OR COULD THIS CAUSE ME TO HAVE SERIOUS COMPLICATIONS OR ANYTHING I NEED TO GO TELL MY PROVIDER, I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE THIS ON RECORD OR FOR ANYONE TO KNOW ABOUT? HELP
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:32 pm

User avatar I'm sorry about this unfortunate incident. It is very scary to drink, use drugs and lose your ability to reason and make clear judgments. But, at this point, worrying about having this information in your medical charts is the least of your worries. See a doctor. There are cellulitis concerns in addition to other alcohol and drug related problems such as liver damage. Getting proper medical care to prevent long-term or permanent damage is much more important than keeping this a secret. In fact, hopefully you will have a desire to cease such risky behaviors and you can use the help of your doctor to overcome these habits.

|