Forum Name: AIDS

Question: Unprotected anal sex worried about HIV

jo2dxb - Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:07 am

29yo male who had a history of STD for many times due to unprotected anal sex. i ve been self medicated with a shot of 500mg rocephin, 100mg doxycyclin twice daily for 2 weeks and proctoglyvenol suppositories. The doctor who diagnosed me for having STD was unsure what kind of STD i had before, but i remember that im having this lowerback pain, itchiness on my anus and whitish mucous on my stool, and when the time i start feeling the symptoms again, i felt ashamed to go back to him so i just thought of using the same medicines which he prescibe to me. At some point, it helped me, coz the symptoms disappeared. Im really scared for this. I even tried testing myself for HIV, with the use if HIV testing kit, and the result wa still negative. Not sure if this is 100% accurate. I know that i have a high risk of getting HIV because of the recurring symptoms, i really need help!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:19 pm

User avatar Hi Jo2dxb,

I would recommend you see your doctor for complete STD testing, including HIV. It is important to know if you have been effectively treated or if you need further treatment.

|