Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Possible staph infection???

mpmama294 - Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:19 pm

Hi I am a 28 yr old female..and i last night my on the lower part of my neck...,actually where the collar bone is was very itchy. it itches on and off and ....I woke up this morning and there were 7 tiny litlle red bumps. in the same area There was nothing coming out of them. They are very small...bgger than rash bumps smaller than mosquito bites...I am kind of worried about possible staph infection....it looks like something may have bit me. I also loolked up symptoms of staph and it said pimples....but what kind of pimples...does staph pimples itch.at all please reply....i;m worried
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:31 pm

User avatar Hi Mpmama294,

Your description does not actually concern me much for a staph infection. It sounds more like it may be an area of contact irritation or eczema.

If the area continues to spread you should have it checked out as it may still be a staph or other bacterial infection.

Treatment for eczema and contact irritation (contact dermatitis) is a topical steroid cream such as hydrocortisone. Hydrocortisone is available without prescription but is fairly weak. If it is not getting better your doctor can verify that the area is such a condition and if you need a stronger, prescription cream.

mpmama294 - Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:50 pm

I just want to thank you...Your answer kind of put me at ease.....I do have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday...just to make sure everything's ok..but thank you...your answer was appreciated

|