Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Unprotected anal sex between two men

CColbran - Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:57 pm

I recently had unsafe sex with my boyfriend of one year. We are both honest with each other and we know our sexual pasts. We both are clean and i was wondering if one of us could still contract and STI or anything else by having unsafe sex even though we both don't have any type of STI. My question I guess is quite general, is it possible to contract an STD or STI even though both parties are clean?

I'm an 18 year old male and my boyfriend and I engaged in unsafe anal sex. He ejaculated inside me instead of pulling out.

Thank you very much.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:59 pm

User avatar You should have no real risk of STI if you are both clean. One of you would have to have something to pass to the other. But, if either of you have used IV drugs or other risky behavior, or have infection that has not yet shown up, there is still risk. Also, it is believed that there is an underestimation of risk when it comes to HIV - people have sex thinking believing there is no risk, when in fact there is.

So, if you are truly "clean" as you say, your risk is low, but I don't know if you can be 100% confident about this. It would be wise to at least consider using latex condoms.

|