Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Is this an STD?

matt1430 - Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:58 pm

A few weeks ago I was stupid and had unprotected sex with a woman. Then yesterday I noticed a red bump like a pimple on my groin. However by today the bump had grown to the size of a pea and the area surrounding it was red and the size of a half dollar. The bump was now a purple/blue color. I covered it with a bandaid and planned to go to see a doctor, but when I took the band aid off tonight it popped like a pimple and blood and a puss like fluid came out. Is this anything or just a really bad pimple?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:38 am

User avatar I am guessing this was an isolated infected duct or hair follicle. It will probably heal without problems and if you don't get other symptoms, it is probably something like this. However, since you do not know what you may have been exposed to sexually, there is always risk involved so at some point you may wish to be tested for STDs.

matt1430 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:46 pm

It has now developed a black spot in the middle. Is this anything? I don't have an appointment til next week with my doctor and I am worried it may be something really bad.

|