Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: is it a yeast infection?

lyla - Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Hello im a 18 years old female. I just lost my virginity around a month ago, and ive had sex only twice. After the second time i was spotting but i thought it was normal and it stopped after a few days. But then i noticed white discharge, not very thick and a bad smell. it doesnt itch or anything. it just bothers me because its a everyday thing and i feel wet all the time and it has a foul odor. I am not on any medication or on birth control but i also didnt use protection. I am scared on what it could be and just wanted to know if it was a yeast infection or could be a std. thanx.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:46 pm

User avatar There are lots of possibilities for infection, bacterial or yeast. A foul odor usually means you need treatment so you should see a doctor. Yeast tends to make you very tender and sometimes it itches. People often describe the discharge as being cheesy, with a fishy odor. While yeast can be treated over the counter, if it is bacterial or some other type infection you would need a doctor so it's best to find out exactly what it is.

Please consider using condoms if you are sexually active to avoid not only pregnancy but to decrease your risk of infection. Some problems like yeast, can occur without being infected from another person. If the normal bacteria present in the vagina is altered, you can have an overgrowth of yeast.

|