News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Headaches, feeling hot, body aches, an more only 20

Diane637 - Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:15 pm

female

I really wanna know whats wrong with me here ive been gettin headaches, body aches, increase in appetite, numbness in my fingertips, blurred vision, lack of energy, some adominal pain. My temp is usually around 99.6-99.9 but its always been that way for me since I can remember. Im suppose to be taking anti depressants an sleep meds but I forget been having a hard time concentrating. I sleep alot like 15-18 hrs Ive always been that way though. The headaches are new along with the increase in appetite, numbness an blurred vision an not being able to concentrate. My menstraul cycle is fine I guess every 31 days for 7 days never missed one until I got pregnant an miscarried or I was on depo but that was years ago. Um my nails are fine nice and strong my hair well thin an brittle an somewhat dry no matter what shampoo an conditioner I use. So yeah I don't know whats going on with me here. I wanna go to the doc but its a military doc an they treat spouses like they do the soldiers give them advil an tell them take these ull be fine now get out I have another patient. Ive been to the military doc a bunch of times an Ive had test on differnt things none to ne thing above an they told me they would call me back to give me my results but they never did on ne of them I had to call them like way after to make another appt to get my results. Well if ne one has an idea of whats wrong with me id least have something to start with.
I havent been diagnosed with ne thing serious cept maybe depression. Ive had back surgery when I was 13 had a ruptured disc removed. Been tested for diabetes but that was years ago. Never been tested for thyroid disorder. Been tested for STDS all came back negative. Oh I had a D&C cause I miscarried lost 1100 cc of blood if thats how u say it almost had to have a blood transfusion but didnt. I hardly ever get sick with ne thing a cold here an there bout it. I had my flu shot for the 2nd time last month I got my first one last year was fine. I would tell my meds but I don't take them I keep forgetting so I havent took them in awhile.

My dad 41 well he has under fuctioning thyroid, obesity, diabetes, naropathy, back problems, high blood pressure, had something wrong with his pituitary gland, an he had testicular cancer like 15 yrs ago.

My mom 38 has heart palpitations,gaspirisis something to do with her stomach not digesting food she throws it all up. Her bladder quit working so she uses a cathader to urinate. Um vision problems in her left eye I think the eye doc said she would more an likely go blind in a few years. She has other problems but im not sure what they are.

My sister 16 is hypoglycemic an depression.

The rest of my family well mainly heart disease, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure.

I didnt know where to put this theres not a spot for something unknow least I don't think I looked.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:30 pm

User avatar Hello,
Would it be possible for you to schedule a complete physical exam with a doctor? I understand your frustration but rather than going in for one or two complaints, perhaps you can get a complete evaluation including blood work to check for iron levels and thyroid function. Ask for these tests specifically since they have not checked thyroid before. Since you have a combination of symptoms throughout your body, having someone look at the complete picture makes sense.

You should also address any possible depression issues, perhaps take a self-screening test to see if there might be some other underlying cause for your physical ailments.

If you don't get satisfaction with your appointments, keep trying - you should be able to get any necessary referrals even through the military, though there is often a lot of red-tape involved. Persistence can pay off eventually.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here