News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Daughter and I - Thick Lump Feeling in Lower Throat 2 days

djemge - Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:05 pm

I have had a thick lump like feeling in my lower throat for 2 days. It bugs me when I swallow or talk. I mentioned it to my 16 yr old daughter and she has the same thing just today. Neither of us feels sick, nor are we congested with runny noses or anything like that. But this lump thick feeling bugs us, but does not hurt.

I am 43, F, good health, overweight, no surgeries.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:09 am

User avatar Hi Djemge,

Most likely you both have a viral throat infection that is causing some swelling lower in your throat, even though you don't have any other symptoms. Really, any other cause would be very unlikely to develop in both you and your daughter at the same time.

If it persists I would recommend that you see your doctor to have this checked out.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here