News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Bacterial infection?

aphextwin - Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:21 am

Hello. Im a 24 yr male and my girlfriend and I are having some issues. She has some sort of reoccuring infection that consists of itching, burning, smelly odor. Shes been tested twice for std's with the swab test and had tests that get sent to a lab. Both times theyve come back negative for STD's. Is it possible for me to have some sort of simple bacteria infection, not related to chlamydia or gonorhea, that I keep infecting her with? I havent had sex with anyone else since ive been with her and we've been together for 6 months now. I sometimes have a clear, semen like discharge from my penis but doesnt resemble an STD like discharge. It is sticky exacly like semen. Please help me with this.. thank you very much.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:16 pm

User avatar Hi Aphextwin,

I think it is unlikely that you have a bacterial infection and are reinfecting your girlfriend. It may be that she is having recurrent yeast infections. These are quite common.

However, when STD's are a possibility I always recommend testing for both partners. Men, in particular, are often asymptomatic so testing is even more important.

The discharge you are having is likely presemenal fluid, which is normal.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here