News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Should I be worried about this blood blister?

misspuppychow - Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:13 am

I am a 21 year old completely healthy female. I have been taking Seasonale for a few years, prescribed by my gynecologist who I visited yearly.

A few weeks ago, a single blood blister appeared on the lip of my vagina. I poked a small hole in it with a sterile needle and have been draining blood out of it periodically. It doesn't seem to want to go away. No others have appeared and I am otherwise symptom free. I looked up pictures and descriptions of STDs and they do not seem to look like any of those.

This is literally just a blood blister, like the ones I used to get on my hands in gymnastics back when I was a gymnast.

I have no pain and no other symptoms and would have never found it if I hadn't been trimming the area.

Is this single blood blister on the lip of my vagina anything I should be worried about?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:45 am

User avatar Hi Misspuppychow,

I'd suggest you see your gynecologist to have this evaluated. It may be a blood vessel that has developed a small ballooning in it due to some trauma or irritation.

A direct evaluation is really the best way to find out for sure what is causing this and how to treat it.

Your description also does not make me suspect an STD but if STD's are possible I would recommend you be screened for them because about half the time STD's are asymptomatic.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here