Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Should I be worried about this blood blister?

misspuppychow - Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:13 am

I am a 21 year old completely healthy female. I have been taking Seasonale for a few years, prescribed by my gynecologist who I visited yearly.

A few weeks ago, a single blood blister appeared on the lip of my vagina. I poked a small hole in it with a sterile needle and have been draining blood out of it periodically. It doesn't seem to want to go away. No others have appeared and I am otherwise symptom free. I looked up pictures and descriptions of STDs and they do not seem to look like any of those.

This is literally just a blood blister, like the ones I used to get on my hands in gymnastics back when I was a gymnast.

I have no pain and no other symptoms and would have never found it if I hadn't been trimming the area.

Is this single blood blister on the lip of my vagina anything I should be worried about?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:45 am

User avatar Hi Misspuppychow,

I'd suggest you see your gynecologist to have this evaluated. It may be a blood vessel that has developed a small ballooning in it due to some trauma or irritation.

A direct evaluation is really the best way to find out for sure what is causing this and how to treat it.

Your description also does not make me suspect an STD but if STD's are possible I would recommend you be screened for them because about half the time STD's are asymptomatic.

|