News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Blue lumps around Anus - Fungal?!

brisgreat1 - Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:09 am

I understand that blue lumps are often a symptom of Hemorrhoids, however, I've never had Hemorrhoids in my life before. I'm just 20 and I've had two sex partners in my life. The last time I have sex was about 45 days ago and have noticed changes in my genital region and my anus. Immediately I feared an STD, however, I've been fully tested (blood, urine) twice and both times I recieved negative results. I've had 4 or 5 physical exams by different doctors whom all told me my changes were NOT STD related. My dermatologist examined my genital region and diagnosed my problem as a possible infection, fungal infection, pinworm or ringworm... we did a biopsy and I'll have results in a few days. Just recently I've noticed these lumps around my anus and immediately I went to the internet to find what it could be. I came up with HIV infection/fungal infection/hemorrhoids/ or just a regular infection of some sort. I'm pretty concerned and scared. I'm experiencing a lot of changes physically and would just like to know what exactly I'm dealing with. There are four blue lumps around my anal lining. I haven't been examined by my doctor yet, but will do so on Monday. I already know he's gonna tell me they're Hemorrhoids, but I think the penis infection and the anus infection are related and most liekly the same thing. The lumps are soft at times and practically not there and at other times are firm and hard. I was going to cut one of the lumps to see if it was filled with puss or blood, but I chickened out. Any ideas on what I could be dealing with? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:51 pm

User avatar Hi Brisgreat1,

You may actually have two different things going on. The blue areas are most likely blood vessels. They may not be "classic" hemorrhoids but are likely the same blood vessels.

Your other symptoms may be due to a fungal infection as your dermatologist suspects.

Getting the biopsy results back will be helpful to determine what is going on.

Best wishes.
 brisgreat1 - Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Ok I got my results back and the actual rash on my genital area was just dermatitis apparently. I didn't go in for an evaluation, we just talked on the phone. I'm sure there's more going on then just dermatitis. Internally I can feel some changes and the dermatologist reccomended I see a urologist for that. I'm scared that every doctor I go to is going to say I'm perfectly healthy. I don't think I'm being psychosomatic or a hypochondriac. I have a foul odor since my last partner, 45 days ago, a rash developed and now I have blue lumps on my rectum. When I open the lips of my penis there's a blue discoloration and a few very small bumps that go down as far as I can see into the urethra. The same discoloration pattern is on the inside lining of my anus. What so I have hemorrhoids on the inner lining of my penis too?! There's something going on here more then just dermatitis and I'm sure of it. I'm going to see my urologist next week on Wednesday. Based off these symptoms is there diagnosis you may *think* I have without seeing it? Any help at all is very much appreciated, I'm going through a very difficult time.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here