News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Skin rapidly growing out of vagina, almost like 3rd lips

WhatsGoingOn? - Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:17 pm

Last Friday, I thought I had a yeast infection - pink to greyish brown thick vaginal discharge with a 4.5 or less ph. Severe vulvar itching. Treated with anti-fungal OTC. No change. Did a yogurt douche + lactobacillus bacterica. Great relief.

Today I douched with a 'yeast' infection specific formula and noticed that there is something significantly wrong with my vaginal area. Previously I had felt a rough patch and then what felt like skin tag just inside my vagina wall.

Today when I looked, there was a bunch of extra skin surrounding my clitoris. Is is the same color as my other skin and does not itch Then when I opened my vagina as much as possible, I saw long, thin column-like growths. Further inside the vaginal column felt rough.

I looked up HPV pictures and it does not look like warts.

I am very worried because the new outside growth truly looks like another interior set of lips and it is about to completely cover my clitoris.

I had a Pap smear 2.5 weeks ago and was normal. I have had one sexual partner since then. He says that he has no symptoms. It has been about 2 weeks since any sexual contact.
 WhatsGoingOn? - Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:40 pm

Image[/img]
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:35 pm

User avatar Hello -

Hopefully by now you've been seen for this and had it resolved. However, for the record, although this must be disturbing and does sound bizarre (the pictures have been removed now), the most likely cause is a yeast infection run amok. It would be difficult to ignore, so I am hoping you have by now seen someone, had it treated and everything is fine again. Please follow up with us and let us know how things turned out, though. Hope all is well. Good luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here