News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: weird brown spots

soccerkid07 - Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi im an 18 year old male. im not too sure how long ive had this for but maybe since i was 13 years old maybe younger ive had a brown mark/spot next urethral opening of my penis. its very small but over years it looks like it has gotten a bit bigger. until now i have a few of these brown marks on the head of my penis maybe about 5 .. some or bigger than the others. i had jock itch when i was younger, and also earlier this year i had jock itch so ive been thinking it could be jock itch - only on the head of my penis. im a virgin so i don't think it would be any std's and i don't really want to go to the doctors. please help!!!!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:23 pm

User avatar Hi Soccerkid07,

There are a few possibilities. It may be a fungal infection, particularly one called tinea versicolor that can give some darker spots. The location would be a little unusual for this infection, though.

Another possibility is that these are simply areas of increased pigmentation and are not due to an infection.

My advice would be to have your doctor take a look at these the next time you are in for a physical. Your doctor will be professional, I assure you.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here