News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Small lump/lesion on tip of penis/urethra

pscholes - Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:56 pm

I am a 23 year old male. I have just discovered a reddish (slightly brighter in color than the surrounding area) lesion at the tip of my penis just within the opening of my urinal tract. The lump/lesion is slightly concealed as it is inside the opening and can only be seen properly when spreading the opening. Therefore it is hard for me to say how long it has been there as it can be hard to notice it. The lump/lesion is soft, raised and approximately 3mm in diameter.

It is painless, doesn’t itch and does not hurt when I urinate.

I don’t know whether it is an STD or not. I have not had sex for more than 2 months and in the last 1.5-2 years I have had sex with only 2 partners. Could it be genital warts? As far as I know my previous partner does not have genital warts, however I do have a wart on my hand – is it possible for a wart to be contracted from hand to penis?

I am very worried about this, especially because I am currently in a situation where I can not visit the doctor for another 3 weeks. Any advice as to what it might be or possible treatments will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou very much.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:29 pm

User avatar Hi Pscholes,

This lump may be related to an STD or may be simply an area of irritation from something else such as friction from clothing, etc. If STD's are a possibility I would recommend that you be fully evaluated for these because they can be asymptomatic, especially in men.

Regarding genital warts, they are not spread from hand to penis. It's the same virus that causes both forms of warts but different strains. The strain that causes hand warts does not cause genital warts.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here