Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: pimple on lip

drake117 - Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:29 pm

hey i am 21 and i am currently sexually active. i am a male. i have a had many pimples in my life plenty of them and i have treated them but they never fully went away . they appear once in a while here and there and somtimes on my lips. so this time i had a pimple with two white heads appear on my lip with no bleeding or leaking fluid and no itching or redness. there was a bit of swelling but no to bad. i popped it cause i thought it was a regualr pimple and nothing happened if just poped. what should i do , should go to a docotor or is it a regular pimple. i have had these before on my lip when i had never had sex before. any suggestions. thank you very much!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:09 pm

User avatar Hi Drake117,

I suspect that these are simply normal pimples that you are describing. I would suggest that you have your doctor take a look at these when you're in the office again just to make sure.

ttmm1 - Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:00 am

i have been getting pimples in between my mouth and nose and sometimes there pretty close to my mouth they start off as a red spot and then sprout out a white head i don't pop them i just use my face washes but sometimes they take awhile to go away im not sure what they are i really want to know if i should go to a doctor
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:20 am

User avatar Hello.Small superficial pimples in the area are known as folliculitis and respond eminently to external application of antibiotic like mupurocin.The deeper painful ones are known as furuncles and are to be attended to,especially around the mouth and nose.Best wishes.
 larow - Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:05 pm

I resently had sex and oral sex with a women the next day, my throat and toung started to bother me, a day or two later a pimple like bump appered near my bottom lip. i have never really gotten a bump that close to my lip before and my throat is still bothering me a bit not much i have scene no signs of bumps near my penis, but i get a werid feeling in my penis at times. the pimple has no fluid and it is not red in color, but it does itch at times.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:38 am

User avatar Hello,You have not mentioned whether you had protected sex or not,and this would relate to oral sex too.You may need a battery of tests with unprotected sex since many diseases can get transmitted.
Relating to the pimple next day there are not many conditions with such a short incubation period and tend to develop in a few days or weeks.Gonococcal infections may have a short incubation period like one day.And gonococcus can involve the mouth and throat too.The infection is highest in under 25 with multiple sex partners.
Thus it is imperative for you to get tested.

|