Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Penis pain - discharge after intercourse.

cmb2442 - Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Middle-aged hetero male, tested negative at 3, 6, & 10 weeks after possible exposure with an escort for syphilis, gonorrhea, hepatitis, hsv2 and hiv. Unprotected fellatio performed on me, protected vaginal intercourse. Anxiety, guilt & depression. Started researching STDs online. Myriad symptoms have come and gone. Briefly was having intermittent pain on the left side of the head of my penis. Urination has been normal and always painless, but had 2 strange 2 occasions. Once after a normal night urination I noticed a slight trace of blood on a tissue I used to wipe away excess urine drops (6 weeks). Once after a normal afternoon urination I noticed a white substance floating in the pool of darker urine (10 weeks). I'm also certain that I'm having some sort of discharge at night due to both wet/dry underwear stains. I can't be certain of discharges during the day except for the white substance I found that one time in my urine. The discharges started at 6 weeks. I was advised by an MD in another forum that I'm hypersensitive to body sensations due to guilt and anxiety. I'd like to beleive my test results and try to move on. What could be causing my emissions?
 cmb2442 - Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:24 pm

Just some further clarification

-- the discharges/emissions I'm experiencing at night are not wet dreams -- I'm awake and not aroused. Started at 6 weeks. I haven't seen the fluid, just the sensation of wetness/dampness and the stains.

-- on the day I found the white substance floating in my urine -- that morning I had one of 3 normal ejaculations during the now 11 week mark. I've abstained from intercourse.
 preppyroyalty - Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi im a 21 yr old Male. I recently have been drinking alot and im usually not a drinker at all.. and I slept over my friends house after a really bad night of drinking. Im not sure what was in my drink, it could have been a mixture of different alcoholic drinks, but nonetheless...I slept over her house and I slept in a very tight pair of jeans wearing briefs, and I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and I noticed that my urine was coming out sideways and I opened up my urine hole and it came out fine. Later on that day I kept having these odor-less clear discharges...its almost like pre-seminal fluid, but im not having an erection. Im totally clean and have been tested and so is my partner, what could this be? Could it be an allergic reaction to something? Bacteria? Hormone changes? And like with any fluid that is inside your urinary tract while your trying to urinate there is a slight sting, even after i masturbate and I urine, it stings which is normal, because im trying to push out urine while theirs semen in my penis. But I like I said, im clean and sooo is my partner, im just freaking out.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:31 pm

User avatar Hello to cmb2442 first -

While anxiety can do an amazing number on us and cause all kinds of symptoms, this one is concrete enough to be worth having medically evaluated. While it would seem all the obvious things were ruled out already, somehow, perhaps not even related to the sexual encounter you mention, you could have developed some sort of genitourinary irritation, infection, etc. In fact, I guess we come full circle here, because unconscious physical restraint in that area (I can' t think of a better way to phrase that -- physical tension unconsiously applied due to guilt and anxiety) could even be causing this. What you are seeing sounds like normal pre or post ejaculatory fluids, but you probably need to find out why they are showing up and that's best accomplished by seeing a medica provider. If you get the same answer (anxiety) then you can probably let the concern go. It would seem you didn't sustain any physical trauma from your encounter, but just ruling out STDs doesn't mean you don't have some other sort of GU problem; it would be a big coincidence, but those are the things that drive medical people crazy, because they happen so often.

Get yourself medically checked, get your peace of mind back, and start enjoying life again. Hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us here.
 JVFernandez - Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Hi, i experienced pain while urinating yesterday. I'm a 32 homesexual male, sexually active with different partners. What could be the cause and cure? Thank you.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:25 am

User avatar Hi JVFernandez -

The pain could be due to a simple "strain", or it could be any one of a number of infections. It's difficult if not impossible to evaluate from afar like this. What I can tell you is that if it resolved in short order it was probably just a "strain" (old, out of use term for overuse of the apparatus), but if it lasts more than a day or two you should have yourself checked for a possible STD or other UTI (they aren't all sexually transmitted). Give it a day or so, then go get seen.

Best of luck to you. Follow up with us here as needed.

|