Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Can I take antibiotics for chlamydia without a prescription?

amk7223 - Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:28 pm

I have had chlaymida in the past...and I have all the same sypmtoms again. Is it possible to get the antibiotics again without going to the doctor? They gave me two doses last time, one for me and one for my partner, so it seems like it is not that hard to get. Thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:18 pm

User avatar Your doctor may approve a refill without a visit but you would need to talk with him/her. You don't indicate where you live but in the U.S. you will need a prescription. It may be the same medication, but you do want to be sure you are treated appropriately and completely. Always finish all the medication when taking an antibiotic.

|