News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Chlamydia Dormant

jannad - Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:13 am

I have been married for 9 1/2 years. I just recently found out that my husband is gay. I was tested for STD's and it came back positive for Chlamydia. My husband has also tested positive. He swears that he hasn't been with anyone since before we married. Is it possible that I have carried chlamydia all these years with no sympthons? Is it possible that it has caused internal problems that I don't know about? Is it possible the my son is a carrier of it to? I did try to have a vaginal birth, but needed to do an emergency c-section after pushing for a couple of hours.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:39 pm

User avatar Hi Jannad,

Chlamydial infections can persist without symptoms in some cases. Without symptoms you are less likely to have developed internal scarring. I would recommend you discuss this with your gynecologist to see if there are any signs that there may be an issue.

It is unlikely that your son will have problems. Chlamydia transferred to a newborn via birth typically will cause an eye infection or pneumonia. It does not cause genital infections.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here