Forum Name: Other infections

Question: One Bump felt inside ear lobe around each ear lobe piercing

chelsey1 - Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:13 am

Hi, I got my ear lobes pierced once in late September 2007 and again in early October 2007(About 2 weeks apart). Anyway, recently I took my stud earrings out and found that by pressing with my fingers on either side of both ear lobes I could feel a large bump in the areas where the piercings are. The bumps were kind of hard but not visible to the eye. There is one bump with each one of the holes. Maybe it is an abscess around each hole inside the ear lobes...I've had them 2-3 months and the second set still has pus when I wiggle the earring around and pull it downward a little. What is yor opinion on this? Thanks!

Chelsey
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:01 am

User avatar The lump you describe sounds like what is commonly noticed after piercing and will likely resolve in time. If you are not having drainage, pain, or redness it is not likely infected. Continue to use good hygiene as your holes heal but I doubt you need to worry unless you get other symptoms. These are not usually permanent and appear to be part of the body's reaction.

|