News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Vomiting, nausea, and shaking

mkencar - Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:44 pm

I've been feeling pretty bad. My whole body is in a lot of pain.
I have really bad headaches that are accompanied by nausea.
I have a pain in my chest, stomach and back. It's not a soreness but a sharp pain.
When I feel nauseated and try to vomit, if I dry heave, my chest and stomach hurt very badly.
This has been going on for a month. Some of my symptoms have changed but I feel like I'm getting worse. I've developed a fever and have suffered black outs.
I'm going to the doctors in the morning but I'm really frightened.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:52 pm

User avatar Hi Mkencar,

Seeing a doctor is very important. There are several things that could be causing this including some viral infections like the flu or even meningitis. Since your symptoms are getting worse, not better, you should be seen to see if there are any treatments needed.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here