News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: possible genital warts?

soscared - Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:57 am

The other night I was with this guy and he was stimulating me with his fingers, rubbing INSIDE n OUT of my vagina...it wasnt until the next day that I remembered he had a "bump" on his finger. IM not sure, but I think IT MIGHT have been a wart!! Is it possible to get genital warts this way? What does this mean for my sexual activity IF it was a wart? Can I still have children? I really need an answer here!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:39 pm

User avatar Hi Soscared,

Warts are caused by the virus HPV (human papilloma virus). There are over 100 different strains of this virus. The strains that cause warts on the hand (usually types 1 and 2) are not the type that cause genital warts (usually types 6 and 8). So, warts on hands will not spread the virus and cause genital warts.

Likewise, this type of contact will not compromise your fertility or cause any genital problems for you.

Best wishes.
 soscared - Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:43 pm

So you're telling me that I really have nothing to worry about??? or should I go get checked out just to be safe?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here