News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Penis Swollen on the lower side around veins

frddocask - Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi
Not exactly sure where to post this, but here it is.

Last night i received oral sex and after i ejaculated, my penis did not shrink, it stayed erect and hard for some time and i felt a burning sensation on the one side and it was swollen on the underside.

It feels like there are veins that are clumped up on the underside and burning. This morning, It hurts with a burning sensation when i touch it where it is swollen. And when i try and lift the penis to see the underside it hurts on the one side.

I am just curious to know if its a bruise and will heal over time or something serious that may have happened?

Thanks.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:47 pm

User avatar Hi frddocast,
Are you still experiencing an unresolved painful erection (Priaprism)? If this is the case this would be considered a medical emergency and I would suggest that you seek medical attention. If you are not experiencing a prolonged erection and you feel like you are bruised this could be related to injury. Pain, prolonged erection, etc. lasting longer than four hours indicates the need for an evaluation. Upon evaluation the use of ice packs (placed in a pillow case for example and not directly on the skin) may be recommended 15 minute intervals several times a day to reduce both swelling and discomfort. I would strongly suggest an evaluation if you are still experiencing symptoms. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 frddocask - Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Thank you for the information.

The prolonged erection only lasted about 10minutes. I have been able to get an erection again when aroused, and it doesn't hurt. BUT, the part of the penis that did hurt before still hurts if touched, but it seems to be getting better.
Do still feel strongly about the evaluation? Should i get it done immediately, or is it ok if its getting better and i check with my Doctor within a week or two?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:28 pm

User avatar Hi frddocast,
If there has been improvement in the symptoms and you can achieve a painless erection there should not be a problem. However if symptoms begin to worsen I would suggest an evaluation sooner than you suggested in "a week or two". Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here