News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Scabs on my genitals(male)

Ant916 - Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Me and My girlfriend have been sexually active for a while, unprotected. We even go as far as to have sex while shes on her menstrual cycle. Sometimes I do not wash right away after intercourse which causes the menstrual blood to dry on my skin. Ive notice that i have thin scabs around the shaft of my penis. Could this be caused because of the drying of menstrual blood on my penis. Sorry for the long message but I really need to find out.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:29 pm

User avatar Hi Ant916,

It is unlikely that the dried blood is causing the scabs. If you have scabs it indicates that the skin has been broken somehow. It may be that you are developing small cuts from friction during intercourse.

If these areas begin to worsen or if they appear to be infected you should have them evaluated right away.

Best wishes.
 Ant916 - Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:46 am

Thank you so much I will. That really helps. I will check back and let you know my status.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here