Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Bumps on penis head. Herpes, MC, HPV or another STD?

un_lucky - Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:25 am

Hi, I am a 24 year old male, I am currently on no medication, I have been previously diagnosed with herpes type 2. I have had these bumps now for atleast 3 years now (see links to pictures below), I at first thought they were herpes related but this dosen't fit the herpes profile that they would have stayed so long, I am thinking maybe they are HPV? Although they don't fit this profile either. I am wondering if maybe I have MC? Or maybe they are caused by irrtation from the fact that I have suffered long term from thrush with out treatment? Also I was wanting to know can females contract MC? What symptoms do they show? And what negative effects does MC have on females\males? Also I would like to mention that my problem looks almost identical to the one disscussed in the following post, in your reply to this you mentioned that it might be fungal,would the application of canestan solve this?
(the above mentioned post)
Flesh color bumps on penis head - skin wrinkled, pinchable
by gu33st on Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:05 am
1. Age - 21
2. Male
3. Past diagnosis: Natural Occurrence ?
4. Past surgeries: None
5. Family history: None
6. Current medications: None

I have this for 2 1/5 years, flesh color bumps on penis head - pen head size, skin is wrinkled, few pinchable around head.
It is totally different from natural occurrence of wrinkles after shower or hair bumps which my doc was pointing at in first place.
I took Gen-Fluconazole and Lamisil but they didn't help.
Pics: http://www.freewebs.com/gu33st/index.htm
What does this look like to you, so I can get tested.
Thank You

And here is the link to my pistures also,
http://www.freewebs.com/thehotlistparty ... ctures.htm
please look at them, I think maybe that they will help you? I must say though that they are causing me no discomfort, pain or anything like that, my main concern is that I don't have an std I am unaware of and pass it on unexpectedly to a sexual partner! I must mention also that I have had numerous blood screens for std's since the occurance of the bumps and continually tested positive only to HSV-2 and negative to hpv, chlamydia, syphlis,HIV ect. does this mean that all of these can be ruled out as a cause? I really don't want to give a girl HPV, for obvious reasons!
Thanks again!
Kind Regards
Un_lucky
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:58 pm

User avatar Hello Un_lucky,

Based on the pictures, these do not appear to be herpes or HPV lesions. Herpes lesion, as you probably know, tend to start like a blister then crust over. HPV lesions look like a typical wart that one would get on the hand, although the strain of HPV that affects the hand does not affect the genital region.

Molluscum contagiousum is a virus that causes small bumps about 1-2mm in size that classically have a central dimple in them. The virus is spread by skin to skin contact and can be passed from man to woman as well as woman to man. It is not a particularly dangerous virus. It causes the bumps and that's about it in healthy, immunocompetent individuals. The pictures you posted do not look to me like MC bumps but it is hard for me to be sure without direct evaluation.

I suspect that what you are seeing is simply a normal variation of penile skin that can have some small bumps on it.

I would recommend you have your doctor take a look at this when you're in the office next just to be sure, though, since the limitations of the internet prevent a proper exam/diagnosis.

un_lucky - Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:20 am

Thanks Dr Chan! I have another question. I also have what looks like groups of small pimples under the skin on the from part of my penis(where the foreskin joins the glans) they have been there for alond time also, do you think that they would just be a natural occurance? Also about thrush...will canestan cream get rid of this completely or do I need another treatment?
Thanks again for your help
Un-Lucky

|