Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Rash or ringworm looking area around the head / shaft meet

alias2mynme - Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:18 pm

This has happen months ago now but now it seems its gotten a little bigger it looks like 3circles inline with eachother like ringworm....and it sorta looks like scar tissue from edge of circle in..I've looked at numerous pics of STDs and it does not look like any of them at all...i've been with my fiancee now for 2 yrs and she has no symptoms of anything...at times it hurts to rub upwards towards the head with like a finger but thats it ..i have no clue is ringworm or a yeast infection possible ? my genital area is moist alot durin the day sittin in classes and anyother activities its like sweat and have a rash inbetween my thighs and groin area where the thighs rub below...any ideas? thank you.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:20 pm

This sounds like it is probably a skin irritation problem, but it could also be either of the other things you mention, which can sometimes develop as a result of a chronic skin irritation combined with less-than-ideal genital hygeine, which, for men, is more complicated or demanding than we sometimes realize. At any rate, while it sounds fairly benign, anything which goes on for an indefinite period is bound to cause some larger problem eventually, so as usual, my best advice to you is to be seen by a medical provider who can diagnose this precisely and prescribe the proper remedy.

Hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us here.

|