News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Rash or ringworm looking area around the head / shaft meet

alias2mynme - Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:18 pm

This has happen months ago now but now it seems its gotten a little bigger it looks like 3circles inline with eachother like ringworm....and it sorta looks like scar tissue from edge of circle in..I've looked at numerous pics of STDs and it does not look like any of them at all...i've been with my fiancee now for 2 yrs and she has no symptoms of anything...at times it hurts to rub upwards towards the head with like a finger but thats it ..i have no clue is ringworm or a yeast infection possible ? my genital area is moist alot durin the day sittin in classes and anyother activities its like sweat and have a rash inbetween my thighs and groin area where the thighs rub below...any ideas? thank you.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:20 pm

User avatar Hello -

This sounds like it is probably a skin irritation problem, but it could also be either of the other things you mention, which can sometimes develop as a result of a chronic skin irritation combined with less-than-ideal genital hygeine, which, for men, is more complicated or demanding than we sometimes realize. At any rate, while it sounds fairly benign, anything which goes on for an indefinite period is bound to cause some larger problem eventually, so as usual, my best advice to you is to be seen by a medical provider who can diagnose this precisely and prescribe the proper remedy.

Hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us here.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here