Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: little white bumps on my penis

hard2tell32 - Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Hello, I am 19 years old and I have had little white bumps on the shaft of my penis for as long as i can remember, I can pop some of them like zits but there are about 50 of them mostly towards the bottom of my penis, I am uncircumsized and on the inside of my foreskin there is some sort of scar tissue. I was wondering if these are dangerous or not and if there is anything I can do to get them to go away.

also on another note I was wondering If I could get circumsized at this age if I chose to do so... Thanks in advance doctor
 jerz - Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:35 am

i hav the same prob
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:44 am

The little white bumps sound like they may be superficial "whiteheads" due to inadequate local hygeine. (This is not a criticism, but the area is subject to more sweat, etc., than most other body areas, and so is prone to this sort of thing). They of course could be indicative of something more serious, such as herpes, but only if they change in appearance, become red and open sores. These don't sound like that. Do get them checked though, since it is so difficult to know for sure what's going on in this region, especially if you have unprotected sex.

The scar tissue you describe shouldn't be of any concern beyond whatever discomfort it may cause you. As for circumcision, you can absolutely get that done at your age if you wish. It's totally a personal choice and a pretty simple surgery (as you can imagine). Discuss this with your doctor as well.
 MadnessInKL - Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:01 pm

I've had a similar problem with my penis, but the little white bumps are spread on my scrotum as well. These bumps started appearing around the age of 12 and I've had them since. They are mostly near the bottom of my shaft. Some of them do, on rare occasion, become larger and red, like a boil of sorts, and I usually pop it like a zit (as hard2tell32 mentioned.) but by the end of the week, they are usually back to normal. I don't know if it could be herpes but when i was 12 i wasn't having sex. I know that it could be from a different source, assuming they're herpes, but I'm really too embarrassed to bring my situation to the attention a local doctor. If there is anything I can do at home to narrow down the possibilities of what I hhave, please let me know. Also if there is anything else you need to know about my problem, just ask and I will answer with all my ability.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 am

User avatar To Madness and jerz -

I've seen this before, but know little about the cause. In my experience the sort of bumps you mention look like little pustules but are painless and don't seem to progress to anything really bothersome. They've been largely dismissed by doctors I've worked with, or simply noted and then dismissed. If there is pain, redness or soreness involved, you really will need to bring it to the attention of a doctor, and doctors honestly aren't interested in anything but the "case" before them, so you mustn't feel embarrassed. If they are innocuous and don't bother you except when you see them, they are probably best left alone.

Wish I could give you more to go on, but that's about the extent of my knowlege on this subject.
 MadnessInKL - Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Thank you very much for your time and input, I really just need to pump up my motivation to go see a doctor. Also from what you've told me, it really puts my mind somewhat at ease until I do see a doctor. Thanks once again.
 tiger5226 - Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:49 pm

I have this same exact problem since about the same age. They started just after puberty. It has nothing to do with cleanlyness because I shower twice a day and do not sweat much at work as I have a relaxed job. The only reason I noticed this post was because it has been recently concerning me because I would say over the past 5 years it has extremely slowly spread to my penile shaft. The bumps are tiny and they are not painful and only rarely can they be popped like a zit. They first appeared on my scrotum at a young age (pre-sexual) so I know it is not an std. I am sure alot of people see this post as it comes up in the first 5 search results in google for the title. If you could ask a dermatologist friend it would be very helpful to get to an exact point since there are probably a lot of people that read but do not reply.

thank you in advance for any type of research on your part or a coworker it is much appreciated.
 jamal - Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:54 pm

well i don't have white bumps but i have a simular problem. i am sixteen years old and i have been enduring puberty for years now. but now i believe there is something wrong with my penis! i am a virgin so i know it isn't a std. but my penis sort of sheeds skin. its not a lot tho. it sheeds like on the head of my penis and when i it peel it off it grows back. i tried jacking off but when i finish my penis gets cuts in it and they sort of itch so i rub them and then my penis swells up and starts secreting some kind of liquid(but not a lot). the next day the swelling goes down and a scab comes that is kind of like the dead skin. this has been going on for some months now. at first i thought it was because my penis was getting bigger so skin was cominng off but now i don't know. my penis looks so dry and has dead skins flakes on it. i try to stop jacking off seeing what happens when i do, but the dry skin is still there

so i need your expert opinion b/c i'm clueless.
please and thankyou
 helpplz - Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:50 pm

help i am only 13 yrs old and i have little white dots on my penis i don't know what it is and i am really concerned i read all other replies and yes i do shower once a day i havent had sex and i only masturbated once so why do i have white dots are they common or a disease when i was little my i had surgery on it because i had picked something heavy up and i ripped a tissue down there but i don't see this how will help i just thought it might help u guys answer my question....
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:07 am

User avatar Hi. Yes, those little white dots are very common and are usually of no significance. I doubt very much they'd be related to the surgery you had a long time ago, either. Some people have them, some don't, but so long as they don't become irritated or otherwise bother you I'd just continue to practice good hygeine and maybe mention it to the doctor during a routine physical, if they're even still present by then.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:40 am

User avatar Well.most of these bumps fall in a single category PPP ie Pearly Penile Papules which are normal but enlarged glands.No treatment is necessary for it will not bother you.
 crikey - Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:31 am

hi im 17, i had one little one spot ( like a pimple on my scrotem ) i poped it and a small white puss came out and then it went away. today i got another small one and i poped it again. HELP :S:S:S:S:S:S:S
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:38 pm

User avatar Hello,These are known as folliculitis small infected hair follicles.Generally respond to antibacterial soaps should it recur.Mupurocin creme is good.Nothing to worry.ok?
 crikey - Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:50 am

Ok, thanks for the advise VERY releaved now !!!
 9099Zero - Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Hello, Jamal. My name is Adam, and I currently am 17...

Your "peeling skin" from your penis is most likely caused simply by irritated skin... It had happened to me once and I had found out the reason, because of my lubricant (Body soap, I was about 15, c'mon). Any lubricant that you use that isn't intended to be a lubricant is NOT a smart idea (Unless something pure such as spit...).

Basically, my penis had skin that decided to harden up and peel off... It was by far the most painful thing I had to endore, always itchy, always irritated....

If that doesn't fix your problem, try just slacking off masturbating for a week and see if it stops, maybe you're stroking too rough and slowly you're ripping your skin...
--------------------------------------
Now, back to the subject... I have had these white bumps, actually I still have them... I have been circumsized and they mainly gather right beneath the head of my penis. I have TONS beneath my head, so don't worry. I have tried to pop one before and was barely successful with a painful relief... I haven't had sex though I have done things that freak people out; use dirty bathrooms, sleep in other people's clothing, and other things like that but even at that, I'm pretty sure that it's not an STD... If I were you I wouldn't worry unless it began to spread elsewhere from your genital area.

-Adam
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 am

User avatar Hello,Pearly penile papules are just normal glands with slight enlargement.It is not STD and best to leave them alone.
 reallyneedadvice - Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:47 am

hey im 25 years old... for about a month ive had lil white bumps on my shaft that has turned into the skin shedding and peeling off. i itch all over and the bumps go away then come back. my skin is peeling off very bad on my shaft... is this a disease? so scared never had this problem and havent had sex in like 5 months. please help me.. thank you
 help125 - Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:34 am

hi i am pretty young and i have white bumbs on my penis,what is it.what happens if it get itrated and how could i get ride of it.like my diet and other wise.there r a lot of bumbs and had had no sex but i think some how i irrated it to cuase those bumbs.please reply

Pray!!!!
 help125 - Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:09 pm

hi i am pretty young(under 15)(13) and i have white bumbs on my penis,what is it.what happens if it get itrated and how could i get ride of it.my diet is good.there r a lot of bumbs and had had no sex but i think some how i irrated it to cuase those bumbs.please reply(YES THE BUMPS IS UNDER MY PENIS)

Pray!!!!

PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET RIDE OF IT.
PS,HAIR IS GROWING TO ON THE BUMPS.(SLOWLY)
 WILMANWUBBY - Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:24 am

hey im currently 15 and i have these bumps on the head of my penis and there small don't itch are not rasied and they just keep growing and im scared right now im not curcimsized and i am a virgin can some please help me im in a dire need of help what should i do or even what its this ? i feel like my whole life is iver im depending on you doctors
 charlie4848 - Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:45 pm

I have a small soft brown bump on my penis. I have had it since i can remember and i have been sexually active yet. It kind of looks and feels like just a birthmark, or extra skin, but i want to make sure that it is nothing more serious than that. Can you help me?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 pm

User avatar Hello,This could be nothing more than a skin tag,or a small wart.Nothing to worry about.ok?
 jillo32 - Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:12 pm

i have something similar but one of mine is larger and more red and hurts more if i touch it.... any body get this problem to ?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:54 am

User avatar Hello,You have possibly a small furuncle.Do not worry.An antibiotic creme should settle it.
If you had an exposure to sex do get a consultation.

|