News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Possible Warts, Told Otherwise, Please help.

veryskeptical - Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Hello,

For quite some time, i've been concerned that i may have genital warts. Over the course of a couple years, i've visited several general care physicians, urgent-care doctors, as well as dermatologists. All have assured me that i don't have genital warts, and rather they were fordyce spots and natural penile bumps. Finally, i had convinced myself that i was just paranoid. Recently, i noticed the occurrence of more bumps, this time further up the penis shaft than before. I had decided use apple cider vinegar against them to see the results, as i had read many people have had success with that. I was aware that it may turn other natural bumps white as well as warts, but i was greatly concerned to see that it had. i then began soaking cotton balls in an attempt to self treat. Some bumps eventually discolored, and one eventually removed itself in the shower. there was a slight flesh appearance where it once was. i continued using the ACV, only until it severely burned the skin on my penis and scrotum. i immediately, and embarrassedly, saw a doctor. The doctor told me that they did not appear to be warts, but rather just natural changes in the skin. However, i'm still curious that the bumps would turn black and potentially "burn" off, if you will. make no doubt about it, i won't be applying ACV to my skin anytime soon, as the temporary burns are rather unsightly. I know now how silly i was to self diagnose and treat, and I won't be making that mistake again, nor would i suggest to anybody reading this post. However, i would very much appreciate any insight to this matter from a doctor on this site. Does it make sense that such bumps could discolor as such if they weren't warts? I know i may sound paranoid, but i am deeply concerned about my sexual health and i've always been cautious. i'd really like to lay this to rest, as it is somewhat tearing me apart. thank you in advance for any information you can offer.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:17 pm

User avatar Hello,
I can't help wondering why you don't believe the multiple doctors who told you these are not warts and are actually normal skin bumps. Skin does have such variations and I think you may be worrying too much. Try to ignore this and unless you develop other symptoms, believe the doctors who have actually examined you.

I am glad to hear you won't be doing any more home remedies for this. You could definitely cause yourself more harm than what you are currently stressing about.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here