Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Possible Warts, Told Otherwise, Please help.

veryskeptical - Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:13 pm

For quite some time, i've been concerned that i may have genital warts. Over the course of a couple years, i've visited several general care physicians, urgent-care doctors, as well as dermatologists. All have assured me that i don't have genital warts, and rather they were fordyce spots and natural penile bumps. Finally, i had convinced myself that i was just paranoid. Recently, i noticed the occurrence of more bumps, this time further up the penis shaft than before. I had decided use apple cider vinegar against them to see the results, as i had read many people have had success with that. I was aware that it may turn other natural bumps white as well as warts, but i was greatly concerned to see that it had. i then began soaking cotton balls in an attempt to self treat. Some bumps eventually discolored, and one eventually removed itself in the shower. there was a slight flesh appearance where it once was. i continued using the ACV, only until it severely burned the skin on my penis and scrotum. i immediately, and embarrassedly, saw a doctor. The doctor told me that they did not appear to be warts, but rather just natural changes in the skin. However, i'm still curious that the bumps would turn black and potentially "burn" off, if you will. make no doubt about it, i won't be applying ACV to my skin anytime soon, as the temporary burns are rather unsightly. I know now how silly i was to self diagnose and treat, and I won't be making that mistake again, nor would i suggest to anybody reading this post. However, i would very much appreciate any insight to this matter from a doctor on this site. Does it make sense that such bumps could discolor as such if they weren't warts? I know i may sound paranoid, but i am deeply concerned about my sexual health and i've always been cautious. i'd really like to lay this to rest, as it is somewhat tearing me apart. thank you in advance for any information you can offer.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:17 pm

I can't help wondering why you don't believe the multiple doctors who told you these are not warts and are actually normal skin bumps. Skin does have such variations and I think you may be worrying too much. Try to ignore this and unless you develop other symptoms, believe the doctors who have actually examined you.

I am glad to hear you won't be doing any more home remedies for this. You could definitely cause yourself more harm than what you are currently stressing about.

|