Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Rash? Fungal? on penis

RiverRafter - Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi, I went to a clinic to get checked out because of what is a- Red irritated
(rash ?) that itches, it does not really burn. It is located under the penis "head" on the side of the shaft. (I am circumscized) And gets irritated after masturbation, and the skin will crack and break after words also. The skin will become inflamed and red in an area the size of a nickel or dime. Also around the same area in kind of patches the skin has become a brownish color which is much darker then the other skin on the penis. The clinic said that it was Jock itch and gave me some anti fungal cream which I have used for a day and a half (no results yet but not much time). Would you agree with that assessment from the information I have written? and or do you need more info.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:13 pm

User avatar Hello RiverRafter,

A fungal infection is a definite possibility. Fungal infections often take several days to begin to improve and several weeks to fully resolve.

If you are not seeing some improvement in the next week I would recommend you follow up with your doctor for re-evaluation.

|