Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Zit-like bump on crotch

Nothintooserious - Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:37 pm

This "thing" is located on my crotch area on the left side, right inside the line where brief underwear are, and towards the top of where the bulk of public hair stops growing.

The "thing" itself looks quite a bit like a larger zit, except it doesn't hurt when pressure is applied (it is puss filled), it is someone oddly shaped (more eliptical than round as most are), and it protrudes from the skin quite a bit higher than most zits. It doesn't seem to be growing or getting smaller and has been around for some time (don't remember exactly, but months surely). It is red, and the only reason it worries me (besides the fact that it hasn't gone away) is no there are two smaller bumps (tiny) that somewhat resemble it, only not as irregularly shaped and are about a half an inch to to an inch away.

At first I just assumed that it was a zit or ingrown hair like I've had before, but this thing hasn't gone anywhere.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:59 pm

The most likely guess is a sebacious cyst. These are quite harmless and can either go away on their own or you may need to have it excised by a doctor if it is bothersome. At any rate you should have it checked out since the best we can do here is an educated guess based on limited information and without examination.

I doubt it is serious but of course sexually transmitted infections are always a concern too and should be treated if that is the case.

|