Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Male yeast infection, still a white bump on shaft

cedarfalls - Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:18 pm

Went to the doctor 10 days ago, he said I had a male yeast infection from running. He gave me some cream which I am still using (this will be the 10th day) and the itching has gone away and I can really tell in the next few days this will be gone (today is the 10th day of putting on the cream). The problem here is that I have a single white bump the the shaft of my penis that has been there for 2 months and this has not gone away, I have not even really seen a change in it. The bump itself is not big, maybe the size of the point of a bic pen. The last time I have intercourse was Halloween night 07, and I wore a condom. Should I go get this white bump checked out?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:47 am

Most likely this is some type of benign cyst that will resolve in time. Sometimes they are fluid filled and even if drained can return but in the absence of pain and without other risk factors, I would just give it a while to heal. It does not sound like an emergency concern.

Best wishes

|