News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Red Bump / Scab on head of penis

 bmoredude - Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:10 pm

I occasionally get a couple of red bumps on my penis head which look almost like burst blood vessels. They scab over and eventually dissapear. I have been tested before for STD's and the tests have come back negative. I do not know what causes these or how to get rid of them. If I remove the scab, they bleed heavily. Is this something I need to worry about?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:07 am

User avatar Hello -

If you've repeatedly tested negative for STDs then you need to see a dermatologist as soon as possible. This could be something quite serious and needs to be evaluated properly and in a timely manner.

Please follow up with us here. Good luck to you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here