Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Small Bumps in Pubic Region

bm123 - Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:22 pm

About 2 months ago I started noticing bumps between my naval and penis. I thought it was just razor burn and ignored, but they still haven't gone away. They aren't really like pimples because they aren't filled with puss and when I popped one it was almost like a piece of skin that came out (painful by the way). They are most noticeable in the shower, and seem to settle down when I'm out. Just hoping this is nothing serious and you can help me figure out to make them go away.
Thanks.
 rgr_175 - Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:01 am

Do they itch? Mine started out just in the pubic hair, and then they spread to my inner thighs and penis, and itch periodically. I'm under the impression it's scabies. Look online for pictures of scabies cases and see if looks like what you have. If so you'll need to get a prescription for a scabicide with an active ingredient of either 5% Permethin or 10% Crotamiton. I think there is another active ingredient out there, but those are the only two I know of.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 pm

User avatar Hello - The first repsonse to your post poses a very likely explanation, but treating a problem without knowing for certain what it is is not a good idea. You really need to get this evaluated by a medical provider, and if it is scabies, there are prescription remedies which are quite effective.

I hope this helps. Please follow up with us here.

|